What is Rejuran?
Rejuran is also commonly referred to as Rejuran healer, PN/PDRN injection or 婴儿针. It is a skin healing treatment that has popularised significantly in the last few years. There is an increasing number of patients who visit the clinic looking to do this treatment. It’s easily one of the most sought after treatment in Korea.
What is Rejuran made up of?
Rejuran is an injectable polynucleotide (PN) skin booster. The polynucleotide is extracted from the Salmon DNA. This salmon DNA is highly biocompatible with us and hence is suitable for almost everyone.
What is the difference between Polydeoxynucleotides(PDRN) and polynucleotides (PN)?
They are both derived from salmon DNA. PDRN was very popular in Korea in the past for anti-aging treatments, skin rejuvenation, skin regeneration, and hair growth stimulation. PN is a newer, purer form of PDRN, rendering greater skin healing and rejuvenation properties.
Different types of Rejuran
- Rejuran healer: Full face rejuvenation
- Rejuran I: Under eye rejuvenation
- Rejuran S: scar treatment
How does Rejuran work?
- Rejuran increases the production of fibroblasts, increasing the amount of collagen and elastic tissue. This helps to reduce wrinkles, fine limes and help achieve a firmer appearance.
- Slows down our ageing process and strengthens our skin barrier. This helps to heighten the skin’s defence against the environmental harm, free radicals and pollutants.
- Helps to decrease the appearance of stubborn pigmentation, eg melasma from its anti inflammatory properties.
- Improves the skin hydration by 14.69% in a study done Korean dermatologists
- Improves the acne scars and enlarged pores by repairing damaged skin and collagen structures.
What are the various indications for Rejuran?
- Overall rejuvenation and maintenance skin therapy
- Enlarged pores and acne scars
- Fine limes and wrinkles
- Dehydrated, ageing, saggy skin
What is the difference between Rejuran and HA Skin boosters?
Hyaluronic acid skin boosters are excellent for hydration of the skin.
Rejuran is a good “all rounder” skin booster treatment as it can almost treat all aspects of skin concerns.
Can we combine both treatments? Yes of course we can. However, depending on the type of HA injected, the treatment may need to be spaced apart.
How is Rejuran injected?
Rejuran is typically injected wither with an injector gun or manually.
Numbing cream will be applied before the procedure to increase the comfort level for the patient.
The procedure is fast and quick and can be performed within 15 minutes.
Is there downtime and is it painful?
There is minimal downtime. Patients can expect tiny bumps post procedure that will subside during the day to very occasional needle marks and occasional bruising.
There is some discomfort that comes with the procedure but largely bearable. Post procedure, patient will not experience any discomfort at all.
How many treatments do I need and when will I start seeing results?
We would recommend starting with 3 treatments one month apart. For maintenance, the treatment can b repeated 6-12 monthly.
What can you expect post treatment?
The effects are visible to sight and touch as soon as a week post treatment.
The skin feels smoother, pores reduced, lesser pigmentation, fewer wrinkles and fine lines.
Rejuran S has a higher concentration of PN compared to Rejuran healer and that helps to better restore and reconstruct tissue, making it the most ideal product for acne scars.